Mix it Up Monday with Emily M. | Oh, My Stars!
Hello, Friends and Happy Monday! Welcome to the first Mix it Up Monday Blog post in 2019! I’m so excited you’re here and can’t wait to share how I mixed up several sets to create two fun birthday cards. This week I focused on the little celebration elements that you can find in many of Trinity Stamps sets; especially all the different stars images and in my opinion the best Happy Birthday script sentiment from Let Love Grow!
Supplies and Color Recipe
This week, I used the same color recipe on both cards. I love how these bright and cool colors work together for fun celebration cards.
- Stamp Sets: Rhino Bird Day, Magical Sentiments, Let Love Grow & Lady Liberty
- Dies: Matching Dies for Let Love Grow & Lady Liberty + Stacking Stars Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps)
- Stamping Inks: VersaMark Clair in Warm Breeze, Fantasia, Purple Delight, Charming Pink, Nocturne
- Blending Inks: Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Wilted Violet and Cracked Pistachio
- Blending Tools: Trinity Blendability Brushes
- Additional Pop Supplies: Pretty Princess Party Star Sprinkle Embellishment Mix, Nuvo Drops in Aquatic Mist & Sherbert Shimmer, Nuvo Shimmer Aqua Brush
Oh, My Stars It’s Your Birthday!
- Die Cut: I die cut the stars to a white card panel and lightly traced the openings where I wanted to blend on to another white card base. I also stamped and die cut Happy Birthday from Let Love Grow.
- Blend: I blended different Distress Oxide colors for each of the star openings using the Blendability Brushes. I cannot express how much love I have for these brushes. Never a blender; now it seems I’m blending everything with these brushes.
- Stamp: I stamped the multiple star images (from Lady Liberty & Magical Sentiments) with VersaFine Clair Inks within the traced star image and continued to place die cut opening over the stamping to make sure the images where placed where I wanted them.
- Finish: I adhered the white die cut card panel to the blended and stamped card panel. Then I attached the card panels to a card base with foam tape. For extra pop, I added in some Nuvo Glitter Drops.
Triple the Birthday Fun
- Stamp & Color: I stamped all the fun celebration images from the Rhino Bird Day set along with some stars from Lady Liberty. I stamped all the images at an angle going down the right side of the card base with VersaFine Tuxedo ink. This way I could color in the images with some fun Copic colors. The stars where stamped with VersaFineClair Inks. For more inspiration on using these small images for a full background, check-out Erica’s New Years Post.
- Stamp & Die Cut: Then I stamped the Happy Birthday image several times with different VersaFine Clair ink colors and die cut the Birthday Sentiments.
- Finish: I adhered each of the Birthday Sentiments with small pieces of foam tape that I cut to fit the sentiment. Then I added a few sequins and dots for dimension and pop. I adhered the panel to a card base with foam tape.
So there you have it my friends, a mix and match of several different sets. I hope you enjoyed these fun and bright Birthday Celebration cards!
For more inspiration all week long, check out/subscribe/follow the Trinity Stamps Blog, You Tube and Instagram. We love to see your Trinity Stamps designs so don’t forget to post your Trinity Stamps creations on Instagram and tag #trinitystamps!
Big Paper Hugs!
4 thoughts on “Mix it Up Monday with Emily M. | Oh, My Stars!”
These are lovely, the colour combos are fab!
I am really interested in the blending brushes. Your blended stars are beautiful. The highlights you left really add to the overall look. I was going to order the “try it” brush to start with. I hope it will be back in stock soon!
I really enjoy using the brushes. I hope they are back in stock soon too!