Slimline Slider Surprise
Happy Thursday friends! If you are thinking, “does Katie normally post on Thursdays?” The answer is no, but I had a day off last week for some personal stuff so I am making it up. Lucky you! 😉
Today I am sharing a card with the Slimline Surprise Die set. It is just such a fun way to share a slimline card AND… whatever pops up over the edge is always cool.
This card was fun to make and I used multiple stamp sets. All Cracked Up, and Gnome Bunny. For the egg tower, most of the images come from Gnome Bunny, the Chick and Gnome are from All Cracked up. I used masking to make the tower. There are a lot of special products for masking out there, but I just used good old post-it notes. What is important with masking is the order and I recommend using the Misti for this.
Here is the order, you can reference the photo below for the numbers:
1. Stamp the chick first, so it is out front and on the top. (#1)
2. Place mask for the first egg (#3) so it is overlapping with the chick. You place this down, so you know where to put the next eg (down so you know where to stamp the 3rd egg. (#2)
3. Place the 2nd egg (#2) on the Misti and make sure you have the right alignment. The egg above, has hands on the stamp, because the gnome is holding this egg, so you want to make sure that you place the next egg at an angle to cover the hand portion up. Once you have it placed, remove the mask for this egg (#3). Stamp it (#2).
4. Next, mast the previous two images and then go back and stamp the middle egg (#3).
5. Mask the egg in the middle of the tower (#2) and then stamp the next egg down the tower (#4).
6. Repeat the above step with the very bottom egg in the tower (#5).
Now you have them all stamped out and can color them.
Color all your images with your Copics and cut them out. You will also want a sun and a cloud.
You will put your Slimline Surprise base together using the desired paper. (If you aren’t sure how to do this, there is a video linked to the set in the shop.) I chose green and added some grass using the Slimline Great Outdoor Borders set with a slightly different green and added it to the base. Once my base was together, I mounted all my eggs, chicks and gnomes using foam tape. I added the sun and cloud for a bit of extra draw. On the inside, I stamped “Hello Sunshine” from the Hello Senti-mini set and added some flowers from the Gnome Bunny set.
Here is how it looks popped up.
I hope you like it as much as I do. Thanks for visiting and be sure to check out the shop for all these amazing goodies!