Hey, Katie here on the best day of the week! FRIYAY! I am so glad, so ready for the weekend!
Today I have one more valentine for you before the big day, BUT, I am stretching my stamps by using something from the winter release. Look at these sweet bears from Cottage Kitchen, aren’t they just perfect for this valentine!?
Here is how I made this one:
- I started by stamping my images on Copic friendly paper and then die cutting them with the Cottage Kitchen Coordinating Die set. (FYI- if you didn’t know, the oven door opens if you use the die.)
- Then I colored them with my Copics (R37, R35, R14, R85, RV23, V17. V15, V12, C7, C5, C3, C1, W3, W1, Y35, Y38. E35, E33, E31, blender) and also paper pieced a few bit using the new All Heart paper pad.. .
- Next, I used the same paper pad coupled with the Nested Heart Dies to create the yellow heart. I put all the individual pieces together on the heart and adhered them. I used a little foam tape for certain bits and added Sweet & Tart Embellishments to the Cupcakes. I set those elements aside.
- I stamped the sentiment (slightly crooked- whoops) on some red cardstock with embossing ink and used WOW black embossing powder to set it. Then I used the Slimline Scalloped Card panels and Banners die to cut it out.
- The next step was to use various distress oxides (Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Mahogany and Wilted Violet) on a white base. I started in the middle with my pinks using my Blending Buddy and went darker around the edges, finishing with the violet. I splattered it with some water, let it dry, then a bit of white and let it dry. Then I painted on some Ink on 3 Liquid Pixie Dust (see pic below).
>>Simply shake it, apply a bit on a clear block using the dropper, then use a brush to paint on.
- When it was all dry, I mounted all my elements and done!
This would be complimented well with some homemade cookies or a nice treat. Or you can just give it solo since the card is homemade. I like to think this is a good card for one of the matriarchs in your life.
I hope you like it and I thank you for visiting. Enjoy the weekend! ~Katie