I hope you are enjoying the weekend! I sure am!!! Mostly because I just celebrated my birthday. The big 40!!! Just a spring chicken here enjoying the hike up the hill. 😉
Since we are talking about Birthday’s, I thought it would be approrpriate to share a birthday card today. It features one of the brand new sets from the Trinity 1st Birthday release called Happee Birthdae. Hagrid joins the Wizards lineup in this fun 3×4 stamp set.
To make this card:
- I started by stamping the characters from the Happee Birthdae set and Harry P. from the Magical Wizards set on Copic Friendly Paper.
- I colored them with my Copics and then fussy cut them out and set them aside.
- Next, I cut the Echo Park paper made to look like a brick background to 4 X 5.25 and mounted it on the white base cardstock (4.25 X 5.5).
- I used my blending brushes and grey Distress Inks to create a shadow below the area I planned to put the characters. I stamped the sentiment along the bottom.
- For the “Magical delivery” I used the Magical Sentiments set and dies to create this. For the magical I cut the background in black foam and the word in gold paper, glued them together and mounted them.
- I stamped the little shooting stars and added the Lemon Chiffon Clay Star Embellishments to the top.
- Lastly, I added my characters and other elements and popped them out using foam tape.
Here is a close up of all the dimension:
Aren’t they so fun? I love these characters. There are a few wizard stamps out there and I really love these the most!
Thank you for visiting! I hope you are enjoying all of the wonderful new releases. Be sure to check out the shop to pick them up. And… as always, please feel free to visit me on my blog- KBStamps.