Happy Saturday! Always happy to be here with you on the weekend. 🙂
I am honestly a bit appalled at myself for making a fall themed card to share with you today because I am just not ready for a change in season. I feel like the summer has flown by and I want it to slow down. But, it is cute so I’ll just have to suck it up.
This girl is darling. And I love all the fall elements around her:, apples, apple cider, hints of back to school, fall leaves, sunflowers, pumpkins and scarves. all from the Seasonal Sweetheart set. There are so many elements and options in this set. I had stamped and colored a few others, but ultimately went with this combo.
One of my fave combos for fall are the traditionals with a touch of blue. It is such a nice contrast. So I had fun using the color here.
Here is how I made this one:
- I traced a circle on my Copic friendly paper so I had a basic shape of a wreath to use as a guide.
- I then started with the elements from Seasonal Sweetheart and made a series of masks. I stamped out the images using the masks to create the bottom half of the wreath. The green leaves around the top half are from the Spring Fling Floral set.
- Once the wreath shape was done, I stamped the sweet girl in the middle.
- Then I erased any remaining pencil marks from the circle I traced.
- Next, I colored my images using my Copics. I added a bit of very light blue around the edges of the girl and the leaves. I also stamped and paper pieced the scarf.
- I fussy cut the wreath out. (I have a ScanNCut but I have been doing more fussy lately, I guess because my scissors are right there!)
- After I was done with the wreath I set it aside.
- Next, I used a Wonky Stitches die to die cut this fall paper from Pebbles Inc.
- I cut some light blue cardstock cut to A2 size and mounted the designer paper.
- I mounted my image using foam tape.
- Lastly, I stamped the sentiment form the Seasonal Sweetheart set on that same blue paper, cut it out and adhered it to my card
Honestly, I am pretty happy with how it turned out…even though it is fall themed! Exasperation! LOL. But seriously, the elements, the colors, the sweet images, they just make a happy combo.
I hope you enjoyed this card and I appreciate you visiting. For a full list of supplies, feel free to visit my blog.
Before you go I have one Frugal Stampers Tip for you, for masking you can use post-it notes rather than some fancy masking paper, it is cheaper and it works great!
Have a wonderful day!
Feel free to visit the shop for today’s fun stamps sets:
One thought on “Fall Sweetheart”
so cute Katie!