Hello Friends! Happy Monday and welcome to the One Stamp, Three Ways design post. I’m so happy to share with you three cards using the fun Decorate-A-Cake stamp and matching dies. I am always in need of Happy Birthday, Anniversary and Congratulation cards and this set can deliver all those occasions in one stamp.
- Stamp: Decorate-A-Cake Stamp Set & Matching Dies
- Inks for Stamping: VersaFine Clair Inks Glamorous, Charming Pink, Summertime, Cheerful, Green Oasis, Warm Breeze, Paradise, Purple Violet
- Inks for Blending: Distress Oxides in Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers
- Blending Brushes: Trinity Blendability Brush Set
- Copic Colors (perfect match to Versafine Clair Inks): R29, RV17/55, Y06/08, YR01/02/04, G04/17, B16
- Embellishments: Sprinkles Sweet & Tart Hearts, Funfetti Love, Funfetti Twinkle, Crystalized Unicorn Tears
- Other supplies: WOW! Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder, Nuvo Drops, Black & White Baker’s Twine, Sponge Daubers
Happy Rainbow Bright Birthday Cake
This was such a fun card to make. I love the idea of decorating a cake in paper form and Trinity has so many sprinkles to add to your frosting! You have to check out the confectioner’s section in the shop!!
- Using the Trinity Blendability Brushes, I blended Distress Oxide inks to create a rainbow effect on Bristol White Card Stock. To make sure that the embossing powder doesn’t stick to the blended ink, I waited overnight for the next step
- After waiting, I stamped and heat embossed the cake image with White Embossing Powder and die cut the image.
- Then I created my sentiment by adding gradient rainbow ink colors with sponge daubers directly to the stamp on a block. Then I heat embossed the sentiment with clear embossing powder and die cut.
- Since this was a cake card, I thought it would be fun to add some baker’s twine to the card base *insert giggle here*.
- For extra pop and icing on the cake, I added some sprinkle embellishments and some Nuvo White Blizzard drops to the icing. To finish the card, I adhered everything together with foam adhesive.
When one congratulations sentiment isn’t enough, here’s a fun CAS rainbow sentiment card to celebrate in a big way!
- The Congratulations sentiment was stamped several times on white card stock in a rainbow pattern using VersaFine Clair Inks.
- Then I stamped the balloon images and colored them with Copics to match the Clair Ink colors. Then I die cut the balloon images and adhered to the stamped card with foam adhesive.
- For a little extra pop, I added a few star embellishments and my favorite black and white striped washi tape.
Happy Anniversary & Frosting Roses
The frosting roses are so pretty and fun to color. While, there are intended to decorate the cake, they make for a great floral background.
- I stamped the largest rose image, then the middle-size rose and then the little rose image to create the background. I like to move my paper around as I stamp to make sure I’m getting even coverage of all the rose sizes.
- Then I colored the images with Copic colors. To keep the background design “even” I colored all the large roses in pink, middle-size roses in yellow and the smallest roses in orange. To balance all the the colors together I used the same green for all the leaves on all the roses.
- Then I stamped and die cut the Happy Anniversary sentiment and adhered it with foam adhesive (cutting to size to fit on the sentiment) and adhered to a die cut panel.
- For a little extra pop and lots of bling, I adhered some gems around the sentiment frame.
One stamp, three ways
So there we go friends, three fun, bright and cheerful celebration cards using one stamp! I hope you enjoyed these projects and hope to see you next Monday! Have a wonderful week ahead!
You can check out/subscribe/follow the Trinity Stamps Blog, You Tube Channel and Instagram feed for more design team inspiration all week long. We always love to see your Trinity Stamps designs, when posting use #trinitystamps so we can find your work!
Big Paper Hugs!