The weather here in Texas has been mercurial. We have fluctuated between freezing temperatures and warm weather for several weeks. I have been bundled in jackets and scarves one day and the next I am outside in short sleeves. The weather is crazy and it is playing havoc with my sinuses! It is still only February and I am so ready for spring to arrive. I am certain that my family and friends in the north, who are bracing for yet another snow storm, are in total agreement. So…today I am painting flowers and dreaming of spring, even if it is only 36 degrees outside!
(Products highlighted in teal are active links to the shop.)
I started today’s card by stamping multiple images, from the Hopeful Flowers Stamp Set, onto Tim Holtz Watercolor paper. I used this watercolor paper because it is bright white and matches well with the white cardstock base. I stamped the images with Ranger’s Black Archival Ink, which is perfect for watercolor.
The images were watercolored with various Distress Inks and cut out using the coordinating Hopeful Flowers Die Set.
To create a shaker card, I cut two frames, using two Honey Bee Deckle Edge Square Dies, and glued them together. A piece of Acetate was glued to the back of the frame. I also cut a slightly smaller square to use as a backer.
Scotch foam tape was adhered to the back of the frame making sure to leave no gaps. It is also helpful to use an anti static powder tool around the inside tape edges. This helps to keep the shaker pieces from sticking to the tape.
Trinity Stamps has the most unique embellishments. Today I used a mixture from the Fondant Florals, “Something New”Bright White Smooth Baubles, and Rainbow Rhinestone Mix. Make sure to visit the shop and look around at all the fun shapes when you get a chance!
I cut additional pieces for the watering can, swag, and straight line floral pieces for some added dimension. They were glued together using Gina K Connect glue and glued along the frame edge. A few small flowers were scattered and glued to the acetate front as well.
The sentiment is from the Bouquet of Hope Stamp Set. It was stamped in Versamark Ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts White Detail Embossing Powder. Be sure to use an anti static powder tool first. I find the Misti Creative Corner Set incredibly helpful for lining up sentiments onto small strips of cardstock.
Scotch foam tape was added to the back of the sentiment and then added to the front of the shaker. To complete the card, the shaker element was added to a 4 1/4” square #110 Neenah Solar Crest cardstock card base using the Gina K glue.
I am so looking forward to spring. It just can’t get here fast enough for me! LOL
As always, thanks for joining me today. I look forward to creating with you again here at Trinity! You can find more product detail on my blog at jadanchik.com. You can also follow my Instagram at jadanchik.
As always, thanks for joining me today on another creative journey.
Joyfully, Jo Ann