I thought it might be a bit crazy, but a lot of fun to create a stitching project with Trinity Stamps. The Trinity Stamps Winter Botanical stamps set seemed just a natural fit for this project!
I used the Concord & 9th turnabout stamp positioner to temporarily adhere a 6×6 piece of blank cross-stitch fabric. Placing the stamps I was interested in using in one quadrant, I first tested my positioning on cardstock paper with Gina K. designs black amalgram ink. You can use any ink that stamps crisply- of the inks I own, I found the Gina K. designs ink to produce the most crisp result. I first stamped the images with a light ink similar to Ink On ink, but it was too light to see on the fabric. I don’t mind some black showing in the project, although I did try to keep it to a minimum.
Thereafter I removed the fabric and spent time deciding which floral would receive which stitch. The stitches that I used are common knowledge, but the photos below are are from Molly Makes. There is the link. The first (top left) is a bullion stitch that I used in the center flower. The stem stitch (shown in the top center) was used on the stems of floral with the mini blue flowers. The french knot stitch (top right) was the stitch used to create the blue flowers. The outline of the center flower was made using the (bottom left) lazy daisy stitch. The satin stitch (center bottom) was used to make the yellow flowers. The stem of the yellow flowers used the split stitch (bottom right). The rest of the flowers used the simple basic stitch.
Finally I adhered my cross-stitch project to 2 wood veneer cross-stitch frames that I had in my stash.
I made a card out of the cardstock that I stamped, with some gold embossing powder and copic coloring as shown here:
I hope that this will inspire you to use your stamps for other purposes!
Thank you so much for stopping by!