Hi there! Katie here today! I have a super fun shaped card for you today and I hope you like it. I have a few how to pics to help you out along the way as well. Here goes…
Initially I was going to make this shaped card into a book, but I wasn’t completely sure what to put on the inside, so I made it a single card. I think it is cute and perfect for a kiddo, a mom or someone moving into a new home.
So here is how I made it:
- I started off by folding a bit of cardstock at 3 3/4 inches across, I didn’t measure tall. I put my shoe die cut from the Shoe Sprites die set over the folded edge just enough to have flaps that weren’t cut (along the top and bottom) so the shape would hold together. I taped it down just a tiny bit so it wouldn’t move and ran it through my cutting machine. If I wanted to make a booklet, I could repeat this step and could tac together using a stapler.
- Next, I repeatedly stamped my shoe from the Shoe Sprites set. One whole one and two partials. I needed one just for the roof and door, because rather than color them, I used distress ink and my Trinity Blending Buddy. The third was for the window, which I did color with Copics.
- Once I had my window, roof and door complete and cut out, I cut my shoe and colored it with my Copics. I wanted it to be seperate so that the edge of the shoe wasn’t cut off. I glued down my door and the window on the roof. I mounted the roof using foam tape. I added a metal-looking enamel dot as a doorknob. I mounted my colored shoe on top of my base.
I don’t’ have detailed pics for the inside of the card, because that part is much easier, but here is what it looks like and how I did it.
- For the inside, I simply die cut some grass from CDD. I glued it down and then cut around the edge of the shoe shape. In retrospect, I could have done that before I die cut the card, but that would have been more complicated. I left a little room between my grass so when I folded the card it didn’t bulk up too much.
- I added the sun from the Cloudy Days Scene Builder die cut on yellow paper. I used the smoke puffs form the Shoe Sprites set as clouds. I also stamped my gnomies and their props. I colored them with my copics and placed them in the scene. The girls apron is paper pieced. The apple is from the Apple Dumpling Sprinkle Mix.
Well, I hope you enjoyed this card today. Feel free to visit my blog for a full list of supplies. Enjoy your weekend! ~Katie
2 thoughts on “Shaped Card”
So freaking adorable!!! I love it!
Very cute and
full of fun!
Carla from Utah