Hello Friends! Welcome to this month’s Mix it Up Monday! This week is all about birthdays and those tweet little birds from the Rhino Bird Day set. I was so excited when I found so many different birthday elements from four different stamp sets!! I mixed and matched the Happy Birthday Sentiments from Let Love Grow and Decorate-A-Cake and the little package is from Seasonal Sweetheart. The birds and other celebration images are all from Rhino Bird Day.
Hello Birdie, Happy Birthday!
For the first card, I did a little masking to create the row of packages. Then I used the masks to add the little birds on the packages. The center bird appears to be looking for something in the air, so I gave her a balloon (floating off the card) and sketched in the string that she is holding in her beak.
- I colored the packages with a rainbow of Copics and a white gel pen and then added some polka dots with a black Copic Multiliner. For a litle extra pop, I added some Nuvo drops in matching colors to the center of the bows.
- Then I colored the birds with a few pastel hue Copics and added some Oh My Stars Holographic Star confetti.
- Then I stamped and die cut Happy Birthday from Let Love Grow and glued it to the bottom of the packages.
- I added some black and white stripe washi to the bottom of the card panel and some polka dot washi across the card base.
- I adhere the card panel to the top edge of the card base so it looked like the balloon was still floating off the card. Because, I could not stop adding more things to this card, I added some glossy accents to the balloon to give it a little dimension and shine. Phew—-that was a lot of steps for a CAS card 🙂
Happy Birthday, Hope It’s Tweet!!
For the second card, I created a bright and cheerful stamped background card.
- I stamped the package from Seasonal Sweetheart in different directions across the card panel and then added a few different birds to the card panel. Then I colored with Copics the packages (the colors of the rainbow) and birdies (bright cheerful yellow). To give the packages a little dimension, I highlighted the outside of the stamped image with my C0 Copic Marker.
- To fill in some of the extra white space, I added some party hats and noise makers. At first, I was going to color them but then realized they looked pretty good just stamped.
- For the sentiment, I stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and die cut the Happy Birthday from the Decorate-A-Cake stamp set. Then I stamped “Hope it’s Tweet” to a white rectangle and then added the Happy Birthday. The sentiment rectangle was then layered to a black frame and adhered to the stamped background.
- Then I added some Nuvo Drop black polka dots <because I love polka dots> in the little spaces still left on the card and then because I needed to add *mooore* I added a few Oh My Stars Holographic Star confetti.
- To finish the card, I added it to a plain white card base 🙂
So there we go friends, some fun a cheerful birthday celebration cards using several stamps from the Trinity Stamps collection. I hope you enjoyed these cards. Have a wonderful week ahead!
You can check out/subscribe/follow the Trinity Stamps Blog, You Tube Channel and Instagram feed for more design team inspiration all week long. We always love to see your Trinity Stamps designs, when posting use #trinitystamps so we can find your work!
Big Paper Hugs!