Hey friends, Katie here.
We’ve all been going through some interesting and stressful times. Some times the best way to deal with these situations is by adding a bit of humor. Me, I love humor and I crack jokes all the time. But did you know it is scientifically proven that laughter benefits your health. Yep, feel free to check out this article on how from the Mayo Clinic. I think we could all use a bit of that right about now. So… break out your drinking glass and get ready to laugh, because it is Quarantini Time!
Are you laughing yet? I hope so. This fun play on words is a good way to find some lightness amidst all the heaviness going on. Now if I am going to have a quarantini, I want mine to taste like a lemon drop!
Here is how I made this fun card:
- First I stamped the drink stamp from the new Happy Hour Stamp Set. I colored it with my Copics and cut it out. I added some sparkle pen to the liquid and used a bit of stickles along the rim of the glass to make it look like sugar.
- I put that aside and pulled out some yellow cardstock. I die cut it using my new 4 Bar Card Die Set which gave me the perfect size and the stitched edges. I also used it to cut the white inverted scalloped rectangle. (NOTE: I used the inside of that scalloped square on my card yesterday for the Spread Joy Not Germs Blog Hop, you can see it here.)
- I used the lake portion of the Layered Lakeside and Mountain Stencil to create a small shadow on the bottom of the yellow layer with my Blending Buddy and some distress ink to make it look like a bit had spilled there (that’s for those wild drinkers!)
- I mounted the yellow on the base. I mounted the scalloped rectangle on top of that.
- Next, I stamped the portions of the sentiment on the yellow layer. I stamped the Quarantini portion on more yellow. I die cut that yellow with the banner from the Narrow Card and Bookmark Die.
- Then I colored inside the Quarantini letters with a Copic to add a slight orange tint. I used another distress ink around the edges to pull on the orange more. Then I added more stickles along the bottom half of those letters. I mounted this on top with foam tape.
- The final step was coming in and adding the martini glass with foam tape and then adding in these cute Lemon Meringue Pie Embellishments. I cut one and added it to the rim of the glass and the rest were placed around.
So, who’s ready for a drink?! ME! I would invite you over, but I don’t think that is a good idea, so how about virtual happy hour? 😉
OK friends, that is all today, hope you enjoyed this post. Feel free to visit my blog for a full list of supplies.