Hello Friends! I’m Emily M. @popsofpaper and I’m so excited you are here for this week’s 1 Stamp 3 Ways. I’m at it again with the Winter Botanicals Stamps and Dies. I love, love, love this set! Last week I used the set to create Autumnal Botanical Cards; you can see that post here. This week I’m using the same set with a Winter Holiday Theme. Every time I use this set (which is ALL THE TIME) I’m amazed at its versatility.
Supplies & Color Recipe
Like last week, I’ve included the color recipe that I used for the trio of cards. I find that when I create a collection of cards, tags, pages, etc. it helps to have a common color recipe to follow. I just love the combination of Aqua, Red and Lime Green; it reminds me of all the different poinsettia plants you see in the winter garden centers this time of year.
- Copic Colors: C0, C1, BG32, BG18
- Prismacolors: Crimson Lake & Crimson Red
- Inks: VersaMark, VersaFine Clair in Warm Breeze, Verdant & Nocturne,
- Embossing Tools: WOW Embossing Powder: Clear and Bright White Super Fine
- The Stamps & Dies: Winter Botanicals Stamps & Matching Dies, Joyeux Noel
- Sequins & Sparkles: Blizzard Shaker Embellishment Mix, Glistening Snow Confetti Mix, Lucky Clover Confetti Mix & Caribbean Ocean Confetti Mix
- Extra Pop: Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard & Aquatic Mist
- The Color Recipe:
This card came together by stamping the branch images in Warm Breeze VersaFile Clair Ink and then embossing the ink with WOW Clear Embossing Powder. I used a small flower center image to create white snowflakes using VersaMark and WOW Superfine White Embossing powder. For extra pop, I added some Glistening Snow Confetti and Nuvo Glitter Drops. The sentiment is from the Joyeux Noel Stamp set.
I’m bringing back the brads for a quick interactive card. To pull this card together:
- Stamp all of the images with VersaMark and embossed with WOW Superfine White Embossing Powder.
- Emboss and die cut the second layer of the poinsettias and attach to the larger poinsettia image with a small white brad…this is so much fun because you can spin the poinsettia.
- To the smaller images on the card, add a sparkling sequin for the flower center.
- Die cut JOY from your letter dies in your stash. Adhere to card with liquid adhesive.
- Add sequins and Nuvo Glitter drops in the little spaces between the poinsettias for some pop and dimension. Adhere the card panel to a card base with foam tape.
Joy Botanical Wreath
I love cards that use images in place of a letter. It’s such a playful way to stretch your stamp images. I thought the poinsettia made the perfect letter O for JOY. To create this card:
- Trace a 2.25 inch circle to the center of your card panel with light pencil.
- Stamp the bough image several times following the light pencils marks. Stamp around the circle image you just created a second time for a nice full wreath. Erase your pencil markings.
- Add sequins around the wreath for some bling and then Nuvo Glitter drops for some extra glitter and pop.
- Die cut a J and Y from your favorite letter dies that you have in your stash. If you don’t have letter dies, I used my favorite set from Essentials by Ellen Classic Block Alpha Dies.
- Stamp, color and die cut the poinsettia image. Adhere the poinsettia to the center of the wreath with foam tape. Adhere the J and Y next to the poinsettia to spell Joy. To adhere the letter die cuts, I used thin strips of foam tape.
- Then add some your favorite washi tape to the bottom of the card panel. Adhere card panel to card base with more foam tape.
One Stamp, Three Ways!
So there you have it friends, three cards using one Stamp Set from Trinity Stamps. I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of 1 Stamp 3 Ways and hope it inspires you to stretch your stamps in new ways. I can’t wait to see your creations…don’t forget to include #trinitystamps in your posts.
Special Note about Black Friday & Small Business Saturday
Get your shopping carts ready because Trinity Stamps has some fun promotions happening. How about a free stamp!? Do you like sequins and sparkles?! On Black Friday and Small Business Saturday; you’ll receive a free stamp set with qualifying orders. There may also be a free embellishment pack included while supplies last. Look for Trinity Stamps DT stamp and embellishment sneaks all this week on the Trinity Stamps Blog, Instagram and You Tube. Have fun shopping!
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!
Big Paper Hugs!
Emily M. @popsofpaper