Happy Saturday Friends! Here we are again, the best day of the week!
I have a very fun card for you today inspired by Mermaid Tail Cupcakes you see below(image source).
I would eat that up big time… after admiring it for quite some time. LOL. My daughter had a mermaid themed birthday one year and it was so fun. I love the them and kinda wish she would have one again. 😉 So here is my card for today:
Here is how I made it:
- I started by stamping the cupcake from the Sweet Surprise Stamp Set on white copic friendly paper.
- I made a mask for the bottom of the cupcake so I could color up the frosting. I used Broken China distress ink to add an initial layer of blue. Then I added some swirls using Mermaid Lagoon Distress ink and a stencil. I also added some shadowy areas with my Copics and highlights with my white gel pen.
- Next, I colored the cake layer of the cupcake with brown Copics.
- The wrapper is paper pieced using a scrap of Doodlebug Designs Inc. paper with bubbles on it. I made the candle out of the same paper and colored the flame on white.
- I cut everything out fussy cut style and assembled it, popping up the wrapper.
Mermaid How to:
- I stamped the mermaid from the Mermaid Wishes Stamp Set on Copic friendly paper.
- I drew in the scales and detail on the fin. Then I colored it with various Copics (you can see the full list on my blog).
- Initially, I colored the bikini top, but I decided these shells from the Under the Sea Embellishment Assortment for some flair.
- Next, I added highlights and fussy cut it out before mounting it on my cupcake.
For the Background:
- I used a Mermaid Scale stencil from Echo Park with Dusty Concord Distress Oxide to create the background.
- Next, I die cut some streamers with a die from my stash. I added them to the background and coupled them with more of the embellishments.
- Lastly, I mounted it on some Adriatic colored cardstock.
That’s all friends! I hope you enjoy this fun card, I certainly had fun making it. For a full list of supplies, feel free to visit my blog here.
Thank you so much for visiting! ~Katie