Hello Everyone and Happy Monday! I’m so excited to be here posting my first project using our Spring Fling New Release Products. It’s always hard to pick a favorite during a new release but when I saw the Rainbow Die Set I did a Happy Dance because I love everything rainbow and to my amazement I didn’t have a rainbow die in my collection! And seriously friends, this is an amazing price point for such a fun and versatile die. Not only is it fantastic as a stand-alone, it’s a perfect match with the toad-ally cute Puddle Jumpers stamps set.
The Stamping and Coloring
- I stamped the little lady jumping in the puddle off the card.
- Then I colored her with Chameleon Colored Pencils and blended the color with a little Gamsol. Her bright green froggy raincoat is so cute. After coloring her, I’m wishing for a little rain so I can look for rainbows and jump in some puddles!
- While you can die cut the rainbow from multiple pieces of color cardstock, I diecut the rainbow from white card stock and colored each beam with Copics.
- I wanted to do a rainbow inlay so I used the solid rainbow piece to die cut the rainbow and added some interest by die cutting off the card panel.
- After coloring the rainbow beams, I used liquid adhesive to add each beam into the inlay. Liquid adhesive is good to use so you can move and reposition the beams into place.
- I then snipped the excess rainbow from the card panel.
- Then I die cut the cloud designs in white and aqua and adhere to the card panel.
Tip: A little coloring trick. To match Copic colors, I keep Copic Color Swatches on Avery Removable Multi-Use Rectangle Labels. This way I can pick a bunch of colors and move them around to see what colors to select before coloring. This is one on my most time-saving coloring hacks!
To Finish the card, I adhered the Rainbow Puddle Jumper card panel to a very dark navy blue cardbase. I hope you enjoyed this bright and cheerful Rainbow card!
Thanks for stopping by and I can’t wait to see you again next Monday! Until then, you can check out/subscribe/follow the Trinity Stamps Blog, You Tube Channel and Instagram feed for more design team inspiration all week long. We always love to see your Trinity Stamps designs, when posting use #trinitystamps so we can find your work!
Big Paper Hugs!