Hello, Friends! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I’m so happy you are hear for this week’s Mix it Up Monday! This week I’m mixing some winter-holiday snow images to create a polka dot background mixed with a vibrant Springtime bouquet. I don’t know about you, but I am so over winter and dreaming of Springtime. So in spite of a few snow storms showing up on my weather app…I’m turning a snowfall stamp into a fun polka dot background.
- Stamps & Dies: Hello Sweet Friend & Matching Dies & Season Greetings Silhouettes
- WOW! Opaque Bright White Super Fine Embossing powder for the Polka Dots.
- Nuvo Drops in Ebony Black for the flower centers.
Tips a Tricks
- Stretch your stamps by using small images to create a big impact background. I thought the little snowfall stamp from Season Greeting Sihouettes would make the perfect polka dot background.
- The Thank You sentiment works great with banner images. I used my N0-N2 Copics to give the banner a little dimension. For an extra crisp sentiment impression, I used VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
- When Copic Coloring smaller floral images; I like to fill in the center of the flower with Nuvo drops or a pretty sparkle embellishment to give flowers a little extra pop and dimension.
- When you wish it was Springtime and the weather report calls for more snow; I bring out my yellow “Sunshine” and “Happy” pink & purple markers and go to town with florals. And turn snow flurries into polka dots! 🙂
So there we go friends, one Springtime (I wish it wouldn’t snow) card using a holiday and floral stamp together. I hope you enjoyed this card and it brings a little Spring Sunshine to your day. I look forward to seeing you next Monday!
You can check out/subscribe/follow the Trinity Stamps Blog, You Tube Channel and Instagram feed for more design team inspiration all week long. We always love to see your Trinity Stamps designs, when posting use #trinitystamps so we can find your work!
Big Paper Hugs!