Flower Bookmark Coffee Mug Card
Welcome! Today I’m showing a project that I made for Trinity Stamps new challenge- this month focuses on flowers.
To make the card:
- I die cut a mug card base and inner gift card panel with the Coffee Mug Card die out of Neenah 110lb solar white cardstock. I then did a partial die cut of the front of the mug out of a piece of acetate and a piece of blue vellum. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Folded Hug stamp set on top of the acetate- this is a special acetate from Lawn Fawn which is a heavy weight acetate that won’t warp when a heat gun is applied to it! I adhered the sides of the inner panel only to the card base and the top 2 layers to the front with double-sided adhesive 1/8 inch tape.
- I used Ken Oliver watercolor paper (my new favorite) which is a heavy weight watercolor paper that can withstand quite a lot of moisture without warping (notice a trend here?). I heat embossed the Love You Bunches stamp set image and then die cut it with the Love You Bunches die. I also die cut a book mark from the Narrow Card and Bookmark Die with Envelope from Neenah 110lb cardstock that I will use later.
- I had recently gotten some new Ken Oliver dry watercolors (grape jelly, jellybean green, coral crush & razzle berry) and I was itching to use them! I love having sparkly elements on my cards, so I made first made a solution of water with Ranger Perfect Pearls (Biscotti has a faint golden sparkle) and then used this solution to reconstitute each watercolor on an acrylic block as shown below. Using a paint brush I applied color to the embossed image.
- Once the image was dry, I adhered the bookmark to the back of the watercolored image as seen below. I added some white gel pen markings to create some highlights on the flowers.
- The bookmark slides into the inner panel as shown below:
I hope that this project inspires you to enter into the challenge which can be found here: Trinity Stamps March Challenge. Don’t forget to link up your project and then you can proudly show off this badge! Thank you for stopping by!
One thought on “Flower Bookmark Coffee Mug Card”
Gorgeous card ❤️❤️❤️