Hello Friends and Happy Monday! Are you ready for A Cupcake Decorating Party?! Not only did my daughter and I get together for some fun crafty time this week but we also have friends from the Design Team joining us this week; Shanna Slater and her kiddos are also joining our crafty party this week!
Little A had this great idea to decorate the cupcake images from the Sweet Surprise stamp set starting with texture paste frosting! Readers beware…this post is going to make you hungry for frosting and cupcakes 🙂 We have chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter and watermelon cupcakes to share with you today; YUMMMMMMMM!!!!
How to Decorate a Paper Cupcake
- Sweet Surprise Stamps and Coordinating dies
- Sweet Senti-Mini 3×4 Stamp Set
- Texture Paste or Gesso Acrylic Paint
- Chunky Glitter
- Embellishments of your choice. We used the following: Creamy Vanilla Heart Sprinkles, Soft Paper Nonpareils in pastel and vivid colors, sundae sprinkles and Fruity Pebbles.
- Stamp your cupcake image on to heavy white card stock.
- Add frosting to your cupcake top with texture paste or gesso acrylic paint. To change the frosting flavors try tinting your frosting medium with different paint or die colors. Loving the watermelon flavored frosting in Shanna’s daugther’s cupcake card.
- While the texture paste or gesso is still wet; add patterns and sprinkles/confetti embellishments and glitter to your frosting and let dry.
- Color your cupcake wrapper and Stamp your favorite sentiment. We used the sentiments from the Sweet Senti-Mini and Sweet Surprise stamp sets..
The Cupcake Party Results
From the Kiddos
From the Bigger Kiddos
Thanks for joining us today for our Cupcake Decorating Party! We had tons of fun and so excited that friends could join us this week for Stamping Together!
Big Paper Hugs!