Well, I don’t know about you, but always happy for the weekend! There is so much going in the world and I need a little crafty zen time.
Here is one I made recently that gives me heart some happy feels. I hope to send to a friend and it give them the happy feels too.
So, this darling girl is from the Rainy Days Together Stamp Set. The set comes with a puddle, rain and duckies, but she is being showered with love. This might have made a good valentine, but that clearly didn’t happen. 😉
To make this card:
- I stamped the image with my Misti on Copic Friendly Paper using Ink on 3- Blackout Hybrid Ink. Then I colored most of the image using my Copics.
- You’ll notice a few of the umbrella panels are paper pieces using scraps of DP I had on hand. After I was done coloring and piecing, I cut her out and set her aside.
- Next, I took a white base and added some Distress Ink to it using my Blending Buddy. I also set this aside.
- I die cut a layer in white using the Cloudy Day Scene Builder Die, which I mounted on the base with the pink.
- To add some dimension, I die cut some of the additional clouds and mounted them on the white layer with foam tape to make them pop.
- I used these foam strips to add my sweet girl into the scene .
- Next, I use some more of the scrap DP and the Love and Stuff Sentiment Set to create the sentiments, which I adhered to my card.
- Finally, I came back in and added hearts for rain using the pink hearts in the Crafty Love Embellishment Mix.
Did you notice I popped one into her pocket and cut an extra pocket to cover it!?!? I think it turned out pretty cute. But you tell me, what do you think?
Well that’s all for today. You are welcome to visit me on my blog- KBStamps anytime.
I hope you stay safe an healthy during these chaotic times! ♥