Your Friendship is a Treat
Can you believe Halloween is right around the corner? I am not sure what it will look like this year, probably pretty anticlimactic.
But, that won’t stop me from sending out a few cards/Halloween happy mail. Here is one of them.
I love this card, mainly because it combines fun elements and the colors are not typical.
I made this one by:
- Stamping and coloring the Sweet Friendship stamp. I cut it out and cut the chocolate bar and M&M separate. I also cut off the top part of the sentiment.
- Next, I die cut the Harvest Candy and Flower Bucket in teal and black. I added a little extra dimension with a Copic.
- Next, I used a bit of the Slimline Black & White Paper Pack and stamped the top portion of the sentiment directly onto it. I colored the “Friendship portion with a blue Copic.
- Then, I arranged the sweets and the bucket on the sheet using glue and foam tape and placed that layer on the black base.
- I then took some pink and purple cardstock and die cut them using the Stitched Slimline Strips. I cut them down to the size I wanted and adhered them. Wahlah!
(Also pictured here is the Trinity Tidy Tray and the It’s Kinda Corny embellishment mix.)
Pretty fun if you ask me and I look forward to mailing it to someone special. What are your plans for Halloween assuming you participate? Any ideas for me on how to make it special for my daughter considering there may be little to no trick or treating?
Well that is all I have today. Thanks for visiting me here and hope you enjoyed this project.
4 thoughts on “Your Friendship is a Treat”
This is AWESOME!
Pumpkin shaped pepperoni pizza, a bucket of candy for the kiddos and movies. That is what is happening at our house.
What if you did an adventure hunt in your yard and house? Leave her clues that she may follow while dressed up for Halloween. They could be as spooky or as sweet as you like. Maybe even, you could make a map using some computer program and get some ‘prizes’ at the dollar store. You could also do some fun games, with your family, like decorate a bag, bob for apples, make a scary monster and create a s’more! Maybe have a fire in your fire pit? Watch a somewhat scary movie like Halloween Town or Monster House? I hope those ideas help. Maybe if you have friends who have been social distancing with kids, they can join in at a distance?
I like your card and your chocolate bar looks yummy! Makes me hungry. Maybe I will go dip some chocolate into some peanut butter right now! Hugs and good luck!
That’s a great design!